Psycopg 2.4.6 released
I'm happy to announce the release of Psycopg 2.4.6: a huge thank you to the many contributors.
This is a bugfix release, introducing no new feature. There are several small corrections in different areas (copy, adaptation, use of extra cursors, stability). The biggest improvements are with the Zope adapter: Zope users using previous 2.4.x versions are encouraged to update to version 2.4.6 soon.
What's new in psycopg 2.4.6
- Fixed 'cursor()' arguments propagation in connection subclasses and overriding of the 'cursor_factory' argument. Thanks to Corry Haines for the report and the initial patch (ticket #105).
- Dropped GIL release during string adaptation around a function call invoking a Python API function, which could cause interpreter crash. Thanks to Manu Cupcic for the report (ticket #110).
- Close a green connection if there is an error in the callback. Maybe a harsh solution but it leaves the program responsive (ticket #113).
- 'register_hstore()', 'register_composite()', 'tpc_recover()' work with RealDictConnection and Cursor (ticket #114).
- Fixed broken pool for Zope and connections re-init across ZSQL methods in the same request (tickets #123, #125, #142).
- connect() raises an exception instead of swallowing keyword arguments when a connection string is specified as well (ticket #131).
- Discard any result produced by 'executemany()' (ticket #133).
- Fixed pickling of FixedOffsetTimezone objects (ticket #135).
- Release the GIL around PQgetResult calls after COPY (ticket #140).
- Fixed empty strings handling in composite caster (ticket #141).
- Fixed pickling of DictRow and RealDictRow objects.
Comments (2 posted).
Feel free to add a new comment. You can use reST syntax.