Articles tagged release
A quick bugfix release to solve some teething problems with some of the changes introduced in 2.7:
- Ignore None arguments passed to connect() and make_dsn() (ticket #517).
- OpenSSL upgraded from major version 0.9.8 to 1.0.2 in the Linux wheel packages (ticket #518).
- Fixed build with libpq versions < 9.3 (ticket #520).
Finally here! Thank you very much for waiting so long: we have finally released Psycopg 2.7!
- Faster! Helps generating SQL for repeatedly executed statements and faster Unicode decoding.
- Safer! Helps generating dynamic SQL statements with variable table and field names.
- Easier! Use the binary package to avoid the need of C compiler, pg_config, libpq required on the clients.
- Replication! Support for PostgreSQL physical and logical replication.
- Plays-better-with-pgbouncer-at-transaction-pooling-level! This.
we have released psycopg2 version 2.7 beta 2. This version comes two years after the previous major release so it is packed with new features and improvements; among the main points:
- support for replication protocol
- helpers to build dynamically SQL statements and manipulate connection strings
- speedups in multiple execution and Unicode decoding
- better transactions characteristics support
A more complete list of changes is available at http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/news.html#what-s-new-in-psycopg-2-7
On top of the changes in the code we have addressed the deployment problems found my many inexperienced users, especially on Windows and OSX: psycopg is now distributed as a self-contained wheel package on PyPI, so that:
pip install psycopg2
will not require the presence of C compiler, headers, pg_config, libpq.
Because of all these changes, we ask you kindly to test this psycopg beta release, both its installation and its usage, before we release the stable version, which should happen next week if we don't find any problem. The binary packages of the beta release are on the PyPI testing site: you can install it using:
pip install -U pip # make sure to have an up-to-date pip pip install -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi psycopg2==2.7b2
Thank you very much everyone, and I wish to thank especially Oleksandr Shulgin and Craig Ringer for the development of the replication protocol support (the development of which brought along several other features and improvement) and Jason Erickson for the invaluable help with the Windows packages.
Psycopg 2.6.2 has been released. You can get it from:
This is an interim release, packing together one year of bug fixes, before the release 2.7, intended to deliver several new features. Thank you very much to everybody contributing with reports, code, suggestions.
Psycopg 2.6.1 has been released. You can get it from:
Psycopg 2.5.4 has been released. You can get it from:
This version supports the new jsonb PostgreSQL type out-of-the-box. And of course there are a few bug fixed:
Psycopg 2.5.3 has been released. You can get it from:
This version contains several bug fixes over the previous release 2.5.2:
Psycopg 2.5.2 has been released. You can get it from:
This version contains a few bug fixes over the previous release 2.5.1:
- Fixed segfault pickling the exception raised on connection error (ticket #170).
- Meaningful connection errors report a meaningful message, thanks to Alexey Borzenkov (ticket #173).
- Manually creating lobject with the wrong parameter doesn't segfault (ticket #187).
Thank you very much to all the people who helped during the development!
Psycopg 2.5.1 has been released. You can get it from:
The version contains a few bug fixes over the previous 2.5:
- Fixed build on Solaris 10 and 11 where the round() function is already declared (ticket #146).
- Fixed comparison of Range with non-range objects (ticket #164). Thanks to Chris Withers for the patch.
- Fixed double-free on connection dealloc (ticket #166). Thanks to Gangadharan S.A. for the report and fix suggestion.